8761Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Detecting Optware

  • Ron Guerin
    Oct 27, 2012
      On 10/27/2012 06:17 AM, oddballhero wrote:
      > On 10/26/2012 09:10 AM, Ron Guerin wrote:
      >> I'm writing some scripts I plan to release and it would be helpful to
      >> know when I'm running on a device with Optware as opposed to a
      >> conventional server or desktop. Is there any reliable way to detect
      >> when you're running on an Optware-enabled device?

      > Well, they're usually smaller......

      What is? The physical size of the unit? ;)

      > They have a bunch of stuff under /opt .......

      So do lots of systems that aren't running Optware.

      > You can type ipkg and it will like it .............

      I was thinking of testing for the existence of /opt/bin/ipkg-opt,
      because it seems unlikely that you'd find something called ipkg-opt in
      /opt/bin anywhere except on an Optware system. I was hoping there'd be
      something else though, partly because it seems that ipkg is apparently
      abandoned software. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the not
      distant future, ipkg got replaced with opkg or something else.

      - Ron
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic