876Re: NSLU2 not recognising drive.

  • John
    Feb 22 5:43 PM
      Hey Mike,

      Did you ever get this resolved? I have almost the same issue. Mine
      does recognize the drive on port2 but not port1. If I try to format
      the drive on port2 it starts formatting, but always ends-up
      saying 'not formatted' again. I even tried creating an unformatted
      partition with XP, but the NSLU2 still does not format the drive.

      If anybody has any suggestions please help.
      John

      > --- Mike Green <mikey@c...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I've just installed an NSLU2 and it's recognised one
      > > of my two disks
      > > (an IBM portable 40GB Thinkpad drive. It does not,
      > > though, recognise
      > > my other drive (80GB Freecom classic hard drive).
      > > I've tried both
      > > ports on the NSLU2; sometimes the disk light comes
      > > on and sometimes
      > > not. The web software for the NSLU2 *never* sees the
      > > disk though. The
      > > disk itself is fine and works when plugged into my
      > > PC.
      > >
      > > Can anyone point me at a few things I can try
      > > looking at to fix this
      > > as I've no experience in this area before.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Mike

      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic