8755Re: [nslu2-general] New scripts added to files section to address issues I had with Series 4 Plug

  • Gregg Levine
    Oct 20, 2012
      On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 3:02 AM, m1complex <kallen@...> wrote:
      > I modified oddballhero's mount_optext2 script to work better with my Series 4 Pogoplug. My version will search all linux (ext?) formatted drives for the /opt/sbin directory. I noticed that the Series 4 doesn't use the devices in the /dev directory but instead dynamically creates the devices in the /tmp/.cemnt directory. Therefore my mount script looks there for the devices to mount. It will look every minute for an hour before giving up just in case the Pogoplug is running file check utilities on other drives.
      > I've also uploaded my solution for samba. I created a script that reads identifying information from each disk and writes a new smb.conf each time the script is run so that the share name stays the same even if the path to the device changes (i.e. from changing usb ports or removing a drive). The caveat is that this will likely not work if two identical drives are attached. I think the second one just won't appear as both drives will write the same share to the smb.conf.

      Great idea. I have here one of the earlier ones, its black but the
      mechanism is similar to the Pink series of devices. So I'll visit the
      file section and obtain it.

      Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...