8744Re: Locked out of SSH

  • oddballhero
    Oct 1, 2012
      Root file system is on onboard flash so that would require some excellent solder fu. If you do try the solder method, just get a 15w iron with a fine tip. You might even be able to rig up something so that you don't need to solder anything temporarily. Just need tx, rx, and gnd. Be sure to follow anti-static guidelines. Of course, do this at your own risk.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "krymium" <rudolphoa@...> wrote:

      > Yeah its been a while since I have soldered anything and am just worried I will completely brick it so holding it as the last option.
      >
      > Was really hoping there was a way to either mount the root file system on another system or somehow boot from another device and then edit the passwd file.
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oddballhero" <oddballhero@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I believe the series4 requires soldering in terminals/pins since they were not included. Easy enough if you know how to solder. The solder holes, I believe are labeled.
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "krymium" <rudolphoa@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Was hoping not to go down the serial cable route if possible...

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic