8742Re: Locked out of SSH

  • oddballhero
    Oct 1, 2012
      I thought SSH with password was a core function, I guess their service is turning KWRAPi (Kinda Wanna Really Aska Proctologist instead). Wonder if their dropbear supports scp? My stuff uses OpenSSH so I don't know (I pretty much modify everything so none of my plugs are stock, they are all oddball). Hence, why I can't really answer regular plug setup questions no more.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "krymium" <rudolphoa@...> wrote:

      > I actually should have mentioned I did open a support ticket and I agree with you that they have to have this capability but what i got from them was:
      >
      > "We can currently offer support for Pogoplug's core functionality only."
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oddballhero" <oddballhero@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I actually meant to open up a trouble ticket since the rep is the one who could do the backdoor stuff (they can after all update software without you knowing it, unless you disabled hbwd). I saw some reps mention this on the old pogoplugged site.
      > > The archilinuxarm info was just that, "informational" since it used to be that optware was the only option if you wanted to make modifications and have the pogoplug service running. Now, you can have archlinuxarm and pogoplug service also, it seems. The benefit is that you could just unplug the usb and plug it in to a linux desktop and edit the passwd file that way (of course after you install archlinuxarm, which right now does not pertain to this situation).
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "krymium" <rudolphoa@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yeah Optware itself did not touch the passwd file. I was trying to set a new shell in there.
      > > >
      > > > I did try to turn off SSH and turning it back on but that seems to only change the passwd and not the shell so I am still locked out.
      > > >
      > > > I did look through the pogoplug support site and didnt find anything about a backdoor - unfortunately the old pogoplugged site is completely gone and most of those Google links just error out now.
      > > >
      > > > As for running ArchLinux it seems like most of those assume you have SSH into the plug to begin with which in my case unfortunately I dont.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic