8730Re: Locked out of SSH

  • oddballhero
    Sep 30, 2012
      Hello Anthony,
      The typical Optware installation on the Pogoplug resembles Unslung (without having to flash the firmware, since SSH access can be achieved through the Pogoplug service) more than SlugOS so there is no pivot root, although it can be done. For all the Pogoplug Kirkwood derivatives (NOT the Oxnas ones), the bootloader can be replaced to allow one to boot from an external drive. The Oxnas ones such as the V3s have a method to boot from the internal sata interface or set the rootfs to an external drive and boot from the kernel in NAND which can also be modified and replaced. All the above stuff can be found at www.archlinuxarm.org and forum.doozan.com.