8637Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Where to put this startup script?

  • sirquijote@lavabit.com
    Jul 2, 2012
      Thanks for the explanation. I'm beginning to come to grips with uNSLUng now.

      Just a couple of questions regarding the scripts. In yours, I notice you
      use "mkdir -p" when creating the "/var.state" file. By my understanding
      of "-p", isn't it redundant in that case? AFAIK its purpose is to
      automatically create non-existent folders specified in the input (eg.
      mkdir -p /1/2/3/4/var.state would create /3/4 if they didn't already
      exist).

      Also, what's the purpose of the var.state file? Both yours and the one in
      the wiki use it, but I can't determine its function.

      And, neither yours nor the script in the wiki seems to enable the writing
      of the contents of ramfs's logs on shutdown or reboot. How would I add
      that?

      Finally: why do both scripts unmount /mnt (or in your case, /mnt/tmpmnt)
      after creation? Seems counter-intuitive, but then like I say, I'm no
      script guru. ;)