8636Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Where to put this startup script?

  • Robert Hammond
    Jul 1, 2012
      Yes...

      With unslung during boot up it looks in the /unslung folder as each system
      boot script is run.
      Some time ago, by trial and error approach, it was confirmed that for
      re-mounting some of the system drives you need to use a custom script in
      rc.bootbin rather than in one of the other boot scripts.

      So regarding the bootbin script, the first section of the system provided
      rc.bootbin will call and run your custom rc.bootbin located in /unslung.

      The last line of your custom rc.bootbin can be either 'return 0' which
      would abort the remainder of the system bootbin script or 'return 1' to
      run the remainder of the system bootbin.
      You should use 'return 1'

      Hence

      The first script line needs to be '#!/bin/sh' (or change it use a
      different shell)

      and

      the last script line needs to be 'return 1'

      In between these two line you place your custom script section (but suggest
      that you test it first before committing it to /unslung/rc.bootbin).