8613Re: weechat 0.3.8 and python plugin

  • samjack_it
    Jun 7, 2012
      I've tried with no success.
      First ipkg try to download 0.3.7 version and failure. I don't know why. (obviously I run ipkg update and list command show 0.3.8 version number)
      resolved downloading package manually.

      then I run weechat: the lua plugin id loaded correctly, but the python one fails with

      Error: unable to load plugin "/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so":/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so: undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct

      NB I've installed only python2.6 package

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@...> wrote:

      > ok. I will try next weekend and report here results
      > thanks
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just tentatively added python and lua plugin when upgrading weechat to 0.3.8. The reason we didn't have that, is because of some complication involved in cross-compilation.
      > >
      > > I have not done any runtime test. Please give it a try, and report problem if any.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > -Brian
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all,
      > > >
      > > > I am very new with nslu2 and unslung, but I've a question.
      > > > why current version (0.3.7) of weechat optware package has no plugin support (python, perl, ecc)? maybe there are compile limits or it is a choice to avoid problems with multiple interpreters.
      > > >
      > > > yesterday weechat team released version 0.3.8. there is a plan to build new version with python plugin support?
      > > >
      > > > Thank to all for great work with nslu2 modding

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic