8566Re: Swap partition

  • Bill
    Mar 2 7:21 AM
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Bill <yahoo@...> wrote:
      > > Some programs such as apache took more memory than the NSLU2 had just to start-up.
      >
      > IMHO if you had programs like that, it's a sign of bad configuration.

      I agree. I used apache as a specific example, because it was one for awhile I had no choice to use. I had all the memory reducing options set at the time, but during startup apache would still use more memory than an NSLU2 has available. Once started though, apache would drop it's memory usage to more reasonable.

      Eventually, the bugs with lighttpd that prevented it from being usable for streaming videos were fixed and I switched to that. Although once running both lighttpd and apache use about the same amount of memory...

      Bill
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic