8530Re: Thinking my dockstar is bricked---power surge???

  • oddballhero
    Dec 7, 2011
      Well Bruce,
      If it is fried, its kinda strange to have a solid green light. If you unplug it without the flash drive (so it does not get corrupted) and with the network disconnected, does it still come up with a solid green light? If it does not, then you ruled out the boot process and the network interface. Then it may have changed IP address (I'm assuming you are still running the native udhcpc and not placed a fixed IP), which is why you cannot ping or use ssh. You also may have just been updated by Cloud Engines with the new firmware for large drives (like the pro) and need to use their interface to re-setup ssh access.