8521Re: Unable to download large files (+1GB) via web interface.

  • oddballhero
    Nov 23, 2011
      I believe the limit varies from server to server and even browser to browser. But, in the case of NSlU2 that is probably the web server limit. In any case the suggestion presented by Loek is correct. That is why I mentioned Samba3 earlier, instead of the current Samba. Which will probably take care of the SMB connect problems:

      > However on my android tablet I have to browse to the web interface for the
      NSLU and from there onto the shares in order to copy a movie onto the tablet. I
      have do it this way on the tablet as Android is unable to authenticate to the
      NSLU shares through ES File Share or Astro file manager or any other SMB app
      I've tried on the tablet.

      (unless your running any Win 98 boxes...nah).

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Loek Sluijter" <lsluijter@...> wrote:
      > Mike,
      > This is not a limitation of NSLU2, but this is a standard HTTP limit: max 1GB. Use another method, like FTP or SAMBA to transfer files larger than 1GB.
      > Loek Sluijter
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic