      From: "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...>
      Sender: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 00:51:11
      To: <nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [nslu2-general] Re: Unable to download large files (+1GB) via web interface.

      He's not running SlugOS. He is using Unslung maybe 6.10-beta if he has been updating which corresponds to Linksys V2.3R63 firmware. If I remember (which has been a while and I'm not good at it), I did have problems with large file transfers with that so I tried the Stock v2.3R76 (v2.3R73 was still messing up) under the files section of this group and was able to transfer an 80 Gb disk image file to an NTFS formatted drive that took over a day. Of course, the other possibilities are to install either some other firmware like Debian, SlugOS, or OpenWrt with Samba3 (Samba2 had issues). To get it all into firmware so that you can use non-ext drives on both ports, you could do a minimal install of OpenWrt with Samba. Or, add a hub with the other distro firmware on a USB stick.