8501Question about adding a read only serial port

  • kajsde
    Oct 10, 2011
      Hi,

      I am referring to adding the serial port page
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddASerialPort

      In particular the section - "Read only connection without level conversion". I have a doubt regarding the connections that are mentioned here. Can someone shed some light on what exactly is meant by
      the three connections mentioned below :

      1) What I did was connecting the 5V VCC provided by USB to the VCC pin of the converter
      2) both GNDs (The one of the NSLU2 and the one of USB) to the GND pin and the NSLU2s
      3) TXD pin directly to the converters RXD pin

      As far as I understand - there are 4 pins on the NSLU2 (3.3V, Rx,Tx,GND) and there are two sides of the USB-RS232 converter. The USB side has four pins (5v, +Data, -Data, Gnd) and the serial port side has 9 pins. Can someone tell me exactly what are the connections here - or am i missing something?
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic