      From: diego_tech01 <diegoa@...>
      To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2011 1:16 PM
      Subject: [nslu2-general] Samba

      I was able to get Samba working with help from this site. http://www.pogoplugged.com/forum/thread/15812/Optware-problems-on-Pogoplug-Pro/

      I am unsure if Samba is actually running. SWAT says nmbd is running, but smbd is not running. Even when I start it. Smbstatus displays the following.

      [root@Pogoplug init.d]# smbstatus

      Samba version 2.2.12
      Service uid gid pid machine

      No locked files

      I have added my own user "nobody" and changed the password. I have tried connecting to the server from OSX finder. It asks me for the user/password and the user I created, but it fails.

      So I'm not sure at this point if it's running or not. Or why it won't connect.