8370Re: Slug Ethernet dead, but slug appears functional

  • sdleander
    Mar 1 7:38 PM
      Nevermind.... It was just sleeping for 20min or so! The Ethernet light came back on, it forgot it's address (switched back to default 192.168.1.77), I was able to get back in and it's up and running again...

      Steve
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "sdleander" <sleander@...> wrote:

      > All -
      >
      > I have been running unslung for a couple of weeks, and I was following the instructions on how to repair disk errors with fsck (boot times were 4-5 min) and somewhere along the line my Ethernet port died - no Ethernet LED and no access.
      >
      > I have tried another cable and port on my switch (no lights there either), tried booting with and without the external HD - it seems to go thru the motions (blinking ready/status, HD access, beeps) - but no Ethernet. It doesn't show up in upslug either (I can get it into upgrade mode).
      >
      > Any ideas? Or is it time to get to the serial port? Not sure it's worth the cost to build the TTL/3v3 converter...
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > P.S. - I had written a bunch of PHP scripts and just backed them up when this occurred - whew!

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic