8228Re: IPKG problems - fix
- Sep 29, 2010Temporary fix for this one - just did it on my NSLU2 and it has now downloaded and upgraded packages and seems fine. Apologies for the overly-simplified instructions below, but I want to make sure that they are absolutely clear. I hate to do this, but disclaimer - this worked for me, but I can't guarantee that it won't break your machine!
1. You'll need to edit the various .conf files in /etc/ipkg
To do this, I'm using WinSCP (I said this was overly-simplified!). This allows you to just double click on the files to open and edit them.
2. For each of the .conf files in the /etc/ipkg directory, we're going to change them to point at a different repository. I've used the mirror repository linked to in the "Mirrors" section here: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages
The repository is:
and I've just replaced the file path in the .conf files up to and including feeds/ with the above path.
Below, I list the five .conf files on *MY* system, each of which need editing. The text in the lines below each file name is everything that is in the edited file. The # just comments out the existing line so that you can manually revert to it later if you want.
PLEASE NOTE: your system might have different .conf files to mine - after doing this and running ipkg upgrade, I've ended up with two additional .conf files:
Therefore, make sure you edit all of the .conf files in /etc/ipkg on your system as appropriate.
#src/gz cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable
src/gz cross ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/
#src/gz native http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/native/stable
src/gz native ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/optware/nslu2/native/stable
#src/gz oe http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/6.8-beta
src/gz oe ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/6.8-beta
#src/gz unslung-cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross
src/gz unslung-cross ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/unslung/cross
#src/gz unslung-native http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/native
src/gz unslung-native ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/unslung/native
3. Using Putty (or whatever other program you use to get command line access to your NSLU2, enter:
Check the output from that command to make sure that all of the downloads are from the above ftp site, and not from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org. If any are from from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org, you need to double-check your .conf files (above), edit them as appropriate and repeat this step.
4. Finally, we're going to do the upgrade. Word of warning: one of the upgraded packages for me was the feeds package, which will want to change the various .conf files (which we manually edited above) back to their default state. Personally, I just hit enter to do the default option of keeping the files we manually edited (above).
Bearing in mind that warning, just enter:
5. Checking the /etc/ipkg directory after that's all done, I've got a couple of new .conf files - you might want to check your system as well and edit any new .conf files as we did in step 2 so that they point at the mirror for the next time you use ipkg.
6. That's it - job done.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "biodiesel_bri" <biodiesel_bri@...> wrote:
> I'm also having the same problem, specifically this file returns a 404 not found:
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>