817Re: NSLU2 not recognising drive.

  • gsakkos
    Feb 13, 2005
      Does it not appear as a share, or not appear as a drive under web
      interface administration.advanced.disk settings?

      If it cannot be mapped as a share, your problem is probably
      that "scheduled backup" is checked on admin.advanced.backup settings
      and when this is done drive 2 is not mappable as share. Logically,
      this is done so you do not copy things to disk2, only to have disk1
      contents overwrite disk2 via backup process.

      Geo

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Bogaards"
      <pbogaar@y...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Green" <mikey@c...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I've just installed an NSLU2 and it's recognised one of my two
      > disks
      > > (an IBM portable 40GB Thinkpad drive. It does not, though,
      > recognise
      > > my other drive (80GB Freecom classic hard drive). I've tried both
      > > ports on the NSLU2; sometimes the disk light comes on and
      sometimes
      > > not. The web software for the NSLU2 *never* sees the disk
      though.
      > The
      > > disk itself is fine and works when plugged into my PC.
      > >
      > > Can anyone point me at a few things I can try looking at to fix
      > this
      > > as I've no experience in this area before.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Mike
      >
      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > Forget the Freecom Classic Hard Drive. It does NOT work with the
      > NSLU2. I have the 200Gbyte version and it was never seen. I
      ordered
      > a Maxtor OneTouch and it worked immediately.
      >
      > Peter
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic