8087Re: Fstab or mount command?

  • cchamb2
    Apr 3, 2010
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Carl Lowenstein <clowenstein@...> wrote:

      > On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Charles Chambers <cchamb2@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Does anyone have any suggestions on an fstab entry (or possibly just a
      > > working mount command line) that will work on:
      > >
      > > Debian lenny 5.0.3
      > > Samba 2.3.2.5
      > > NSLU Firmware v2.3r25 (stock)
      > >

      > How about some more information on what it is you are trying to do.

      I've got a desktop running Debian Lenny (5.0.3). I've included Samba
      2.3.2.5 and smbclient in the installed packages. I'm trying to put a file folder on the desktop so that a) the Debian computer connects to the NSLU2 on startup, and b) I can open a file folder on the desktop of the Debian commputer and browse to the first of two NSLU2 I have connected up to my network.

      I'm looking for the exact fstab entry to mount the NSLU2 as part of the filesystem.

      It should be something in the form of either:

      mount -t cifs -o user="admin",password="" "//192.168.0.78/LINKSYS1/disk0%201 /mnt/nslu/LINKSYS1/disk1

      (added to the rc.d file if I remember correctly...I can hack that and find it)

      or the equivalient fstab entry.

      Putting the file folder on the desktop is no problem. Getting the NSLU2 joined to the filesystem with either of the two above entries is the problem.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic