7987Re: Automount NTFS

  • chris_jaz
    Jan 1, 2010
      Hi Mike,

      That is what i tried (doing it manually) and it didnt work.

      However after searching a little, am i supposed to be editing the mount.sh with my slugos usb pen inserted, or the mount.sh file without my usb pen inserted?

      You say that automount will be removed, does this mean theres another way of achieving what i require?

      I dont really see how it can be a useful tool without the automounting of drives, as i wouldnt want to log in and mount stuff everytime i turn it on. I know the idea is to leave it on all the time but thats not possible at the moment.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Mike Westerhof <mwester@...> wrote:

      > chris_jaz wrote:
      > > Hi, Sorry,
      > > This is the wiki link
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AutoMountNTFSDrives
      > >
      > > And the errors i got, the first one was bad.src which i believe means bad source file (although the dates etc matched the ones at top of the patch), and the second time was a error at line 15. But i wasnt sure if that was line 15 of the patch or line 15 of mounts.sh
      > >
      > > Im quite new to linux, so i dont even know if i was trying to apply the patch in the correct way, so even if someone could give me a breakdown of how to apply the patch, i could go back... try it and report back again.
      >
      > Normally you would cut and paste to create a patch file from the text in
      > the wiki article, then use the patch command to apply it... but in this
      > case, I'd just use a text editor to apply the patch manually. I'm not
      > in a position to test anything right now, so I can't tell you exactly
      > what/how to do this.
      >
      > Also, I'm not exactly sure what SlugOS release this is for - hopefully
      > it will work for the latest one. Make sure that the context (around the
      > "+" and "-" lines in the patch) match up correctly.
      >
      > -Mike (mwester)
      >
      > PS: I should note that the automount feature will be removed in the next
      > SlugOS release entirely. It causes more problems than it solves...

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic