7960Redboot on FSG3 running Debian Lenny

  • John Grange
    Dec 2, 2009

      I've got an FSG3 that I've upgraded to debian (etch first using
      http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_Freecom_FSG-3, then Lenny using
      http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/arm/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html
      #newkernel). I seem, however, to still have the 2.6.20 kernel installed. I
      need the newer kernel for some of the new libertas wireless drivers. I've
      tried the instructions for upgrading the kernel (to
      linux-image-2.6.26-2-ixp4xx, installed as per the lenny notes above), but
      this upgrade says (strongly) to update your bootloader (which, of course, is
      redboot) to get it to use initramfs. I don't know how to do this and,
      though I've searched for information, I can't find out how to configure
      redboot.

      I did find some redboot-tools-0.7 from ubuntu, which look promising, but the
      scripts are full of offsets in the flash and, without knowing what I'm
      doing, really don't want to just run the scripts.

      Is there anybody out there who can help?

      Thanks in advance,

      John Grange
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic