7898Re: What next?

  • sevensins777
    Sep 10, 2009
      For a really low power solution (electronic hobby, etc), sort of a micro-controller on steroids with support to Linux please checkout Bifferboard:

      http://bifferos.bizhat.com/
      http://sites.google.com/site/bifferboard/ (wiki)

      You can run it with OpenWrt (Linux distro used for routers), alternative OSs such as SlackWare, etc, and Special Light OS that will run from 1MB Flash.

      I've done some nice things with OpenWrt, now trying to use it with the On-Board Flash Linux, making some simple C apps to communicate with external chips, getting both worlds together, Electronics and micro-controllers with Linux apps!

      Regards,
      Nelson.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Peter Chant <pete@...> wrote:

      > On Wednesday 12 August 2009, Gregg C Levine wrote:
      > > Hello!
      > > I agree with you Corneliu regarding the Sheeva plug. I might also add that
      > > my Linux distribution Slackware has been successfully ported to the thing.
      > >

      > I wonder if there are any other light weight low power alternatives, I've
      > played with midge running on an edimax router board, but I wondered if there
      > is something even lighter weight for those of us who really ought to be using
      > micro controllers but would like the luxury of ethernet and usb and
      > programming in python or tcl rather than C or machine code. For mains
      > connected applications Sheeva plug must be it, but not so useful for batter
      > power perhaps?
      >
      > Pete
      >

      > --
      > Peter Chant