      From: Peter Chant <pete@...>
      Subject: Re: [nslu2-general] What next?
      To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 3:18 PM

      On Wednesday 12 August 2009, Gregg C Levine wrote:

      > Hello!

      > I agree with you Corneliu regarding the Sheeva plug. I might also add that

      > my Linux distribution Slackware has been successfully ported to the thing.

      I wonder if there are any other light weight low power alternatives, I've

      played with midge running on an edimax router board, but I wondered if there

      is something even lighter weight for those of us who really ought to be using

      micro controllers but would like the luxury of ethernet and usb and

      programming in python or tcl rather than C or machine code. For mains

      connected applications Sheeva plug must be it, but not so useful for batter

      power perhaps?

      Pete

      --

      Peter Chant