7891Re: What next

  • docbillnet
    Sep 7, 2009
      Sorry I read the fit-PC hardware specifications, and looked at the price list for the fit-PC2. As far as a media player goes, this might be a good choice if you wish to build your own system. I personally prefer a ready to use solution like a popcorn hour, but building your own does give you more flexibility.

      Bill

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "docbillnet" <yahoo@...> wrote:
      > Seems to me a poor choice. The price is rather high for use as a server, and the CPU speed is to slow to be a good media player. Granted there are some good media players with slower CPU's, but they have the hardware acceleration chips to make-up for it. Even then, you can't run a standard Linux distribution and expect them to keep up playing your mkv files, rather you need optimized firmware that uses the acceleration chips and all the tricks the developers can throw at them.
      >
      > Bill

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic