7888Re: itunes Music Server Issues

  • docbillnet
    Sep 7, 2009
      I must say, I've never experienced that problem. I have two NSLU2's. One is connected to three 1.5 TB hard drives. The other is connected to a 1.0 TB hard drives, two 750 GB hard drives, and four 500 GB drives.

      The one with the 1.5 TB drives is rock solid and has been for ever since I stopped using LVM six months ago. (LVM uses too much ram for the NSLU's.) Each drive just has one swap partition and ext3 data partition. I have two of the 1.5 TB drives at 95% capacity, and the third is just used as scratch space. I use a 2 GB usb drive as the boot disk.

      The other NSLU2 is for backups, so I don't have it running very often. So I could not rate it's stability.

      I would suggest if you have problems with stability and larger disks, look at the drive enclosure. Some of my drives used to give me problems until I upgraded all my USB enclosures to ones with fans for cooling.