7886[nslu2-general] What next

  • Hanneke & Paul Brandt
    Aug 25, 2009
      Hi there,

      I'd suggest the fit-PC2, a tiny but very complete system:
      CPU: Intel Atom Z510 or 530 (1.1 / 1.6GHz),
      Memory: 1GB DDR2
      Display: DVI up to 1920x1080
      Audio: High definition 2.0
      LAN: 1000 BaseT Ethernet
      USB: 6 USB
      IR Receiver
      miniSD socket
      12V power supply
      And all that with only 8W power usage on full CPU load, less than 1W on
      standby. WLAN and internal harddisk 160G are optional. In my opinion a great
      platform for home appliances. It's available through amazon, hence
      worldwide. There are resellers in the netherlands. see for full specs:
      http://www.fit-pc2.com The fit-pC2 is the top of a range of three. Its
      smallest cousin, the fit-pc1, is on sale now. In between the two is the
      fit-pc slim. Smaller and less performing, still more horsepower than the
      nslu (that is otherwise perfectly able to cope with the more basic home
      appliances).

      If anyone has some second thoughts about the fit-PC2, please let us know!
      regards
      Paul