7882Re: itunes Music Server Issues

  • jtgreeno
    Sep 4, 2009
      What is the size of your Disk? I have discovered that the NSLU2
      frequently drops connections to 1TB & larger disks. I cannot use my 1.5
      TB disk with the NSLU2 at all because it does not hold the connection
      with the NSLU2, whereas my 250 GB disk has been stable for 4+ years.

      I have tried NTFS and EXT3 formats, and neither will maintain a stable
      connection with the large disks...

      Maybe some of the talented engineers in this forum can develop a new
      firmware revision for the NSLU2 that will address this?

      Thanks,
      JTG

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "pmptg" <pmptg@...> wrote:

      > UPDATE!! I don't think it's a mt-daapd problem because I think it just
      can't locate the share/public/data/mp3 file. I have the file as RW for
      everyone but has somehow found itsw way into the private data. How can I
      remedy this? If I reset the NSLU will I lose the Data on the Drive? Will
      I have to reformat?

      > FRUSTRATED - Please Help!!
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "pmptg" pmptg@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I installed mt-daapd and transferred all my music to my external
      drive on port 2. I was able to see the share in itunes and on my
      desktop. However, two days later and I can't see the Share in itunes
      anymore. I can see it on my Desktop but when I try to access the mp3
      folder it gives me an "operation can't be completed because the original
      item for "mp3" can't be found". I logged into the Slug and was able to
      find it (mp3) in the private Data area. I checked the permissions and
      everything seemed to be alright. I telnet(ed) in and did a 'chmod o+r -R
      /share/hdd/data/public/mp3' and then /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd to
      restart the server and still no luck. It seems to be a permissions
      thing. I was even able to access the mt-daapd UI prior to these problems
      and now no more. I'm not very good with this terminal stuff but am able
      to follow directions so if anyone has any ideas please help.