7880itunes Music Server Issues

  • pmptg
    Sep 2, 2009
      I installed mt-daapd and transferred all my music to my external drive on port 2. I was able to see the share in itunes and on my desktop. However, two days later and I can't see the Share in itunes anymore. I can see it on my Desktop but when I try to access the mp3 folder it gives me an "operation can't be completed because the original item for "mp3" can't be found". I logged into the Slug and was able to find it (mp3) in the private Data area. I checked the permissions and everything seemed to be alright. I telnet(ed) in and did a 'chmod o+r -R /share/hdd/data/public/mp3' and then /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd to restart the server and still no luck. It seems to be a permissions thing. I was even able to access the mt-daapd UI prior to these problems and now no more. I'm not very good with this terminal stuff but am able to follow directions so if anyone has any ideas please help.

      Thanks,

      Paul

      P.S. I did reboot a couple of times.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic