      From: Thomas Reitmayr <treitmayr@...>
      Subject: Re: [nslu2-general] What next?
      To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: "Peter Lohmann" <email@...>
      Date: Monday, August 10, 2009, 6:08 PM

      Hi Peter,

      if you want a device with more power (CPU, memory, network) and support

      by Debian, then I can recommend a NAS device by QNAP. I bought a TS-109

      (at a local store in Europe) a while ago and run Angstrom on it, but

      Debian is well-supported for this type of devices, see

      http://www.cyrius com/debian/ .

      The TS-109/119 can be used with one internal + one external drive, the

      TS-209/219 is the version with two internal drives. Putting the HDs to

      sleep works fine for me. The power consumption is also ok, I guess - did

      not measure mine, but data sheet of TS-109 says 6.6 W in sleep mode.

      The devices are a bit more expensive than a Slug though.

      The above link also lists similar devices by other manufacturers but I

      do not have any personal experience with them.

      Regards,

      -Thomas