7804Re: Global profile for ash

  • jl0242
    Apr 27, 2009
      Thanks Rod, you've hit the nail on the head there. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing the busybox 'find' applet in action here. A few questions:

      1. Is there any problem in me symlinking /bin/sh to /opt/bin/bash? (I have bash installed). Will this affect any core Unslung (6.10) functionality?

      2. Has the 'find' applet always been included in the BusyBox config for Unslung? I'm not sure entirely certain why, but I never had these problems before I moved to Unslung 6.10 recently. The other examples I've found on the list all seem to have been posted since Unslung 6.10.

      3. Is there a reason that Unslung is still using BusyBox 1.3.1? They look to have got to 1.14.x now.

      Thanks for the help!

      Cheers,
      joe

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <rod@...> wrote:

      > jl0242 wrote:
      > > I'm starting to think there is a bigger problem here. I've been doing some googling on this "No help available" error and it actually sounds like it's a bug:
      > > http://www.mail-archive.com/busybox@.../msg00793.html
      > >
      > > I installed 'which' via ipkg. Have a look at this output (something's not right here IMO):
      > >
      > > # which find
      > > /opt/bin/find
      > > # find -maxdepth 1
      > > BusyBox v1.3.1 (2007-12-29 03:38:35 UTC) multi-call binary
      > >
      > > No help available.
      > >

      > If your shell is actually a symlink to busybox, and busybox has 'find'
      > enabled as an applet, then I think it will find the applet first ahead
      > of whatever is in the path. Only if you give a full pathname
      > (/opt/bin/find) will it ignore the in-built find applet.
      >
      > -- Rod

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic