7803Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Global profile for ash

  • Rod Whitby
    Apr 26, 2009
      jl0242 wrote:
      > I'm starting to think there is a bigger problem here. I've been doing some googling on this "No help available" error and it actually sounds like it's a bug:
      > http://www.mail-archive.com/busybox@.../msg00793.html
      >
      > I installed 'which' via ipkg. Have a look at this output (something's not right here IMO):
      >
      > # which find
      > /opt/bin/find
      > # find -maxdepth 1
      > BusyBox v1.3.1 (2007-12-29 03:38:35 UTC) multi-call binary
      >
      > No help available.

      If your shell is actually a symlink to busybox, and busybox has 'find'
      enabled as an applet, then I think it will find the applet first ahead
      of whatever is in the path. Only if you give a full pathname
      (/opt/bin/find) will it ignore the in-built find applet.

      -- Rod
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic