7795Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Global profile for ash

  • Carl Lowenstein
    Apr 24, 2009
      On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:16 AM, jl0242 <japher@...> wrote:
      > Okay, now I'm really confused. Looking at this output:
      > http://pastebin.com/f5c759f53
      > It looks like the path is set correctly. Ash seems to be using a version of
      > 'find' that's not from /urs/bin *or* /opt/bin. Line 10 shows output from the
      > version of 'find' that ash is using, line 15 shows the output from the
      > version in /usr/bin, and line 29 shows the output from the version in
      > /opt/bin (the findutils version, the version that I actually want).
      > Since the steps clearly show that /opt/bin is at the front of the path
      > (don't know where this is being set from, but I suppose that doesn't matter)
      > - where on earth is ash getting getting this 3rd copy of find??

      As a general rule, you should specify the exact path for programs that
      you run in a script.
      So don't say "find", say "/opt/bin/find".
      If you have to put it in many places in the script, you can do something like
      and then refer to it as $FIND

      carl lowenstein <clowenstein@...>
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic