7771Re: [nslu2-general] Re: nslu2 compatibility database

  • Mike (mwester)
    Mar 27, 2009
      I think that it should be apparent by now that the database is quite
      out-of-date, and that it's probably not useful any longer (else someone
      would have fixed this a long time ago!).

      The USB enclosure compatibility is a function of software, not hardware.
      SlugOS, OpenWRT, and Debian are recent kernels, and you'll find that if
      it works on the desktop, it'll work with the NSLU2. Unslung still has
      restrictions, and perhaps a copy of that information might be useful for
      Unslung users?

      Moving that to the wiki is on the list of things to address, but I can't
      promise when that info would be available. Volunteers to do this are
      happily accepted.

      -Mike (mwester)