7745Re: WOL

  • Joel Gebhart
    Mar 3 1:08 PM
      I forgot to add that while I think all the hardware in this thread
      supports WOL, you have to configure it in software to use it.
      Personally I wouldn't use it because even the couple seconds it would
      take to come out of hibernation isn't acceptable when I'm trying to
      read or write to the disk attached to it. I don't know how tolerant
      CUPS would be of waiting for a response if you use it for a network
      attached printing services. Obviously I could live with a couple
      seconds for my media server to start responding.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic