7661Re: [nslu2-general] Which process updates all smb.conf copies?

  • Mike (mwester)
    Dec 28, 2008
      ernstjanoud wrote:
      > L.S.
      >
      > I noticed that when I change /etc/samba/smb.conf all other copies, even
      > a backup copy on a share (/share/hdd/data/public/...) gets the same
      > changes as well. What process is doing this (stock Linksys firmware)?
      > Samba itself?

      Well, you don't tell us what firmware you are running -- but in this
      case, the only thing that exhibits that behavior is the Linksys
      firmware. See the wiki for information on how to influence that
      behavior using diversion scripts and similar techniques.

      Mike (mwester)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic