7612Re: Getting upslug to upgrade firmware

  • janne5011
    Nov 1, 2008
      Hi, if you did a reset I think your slug now is on default IP,
      default is 192.168.1.77.
      So, the puter where you have the upslug tool its best if it have
      somthing on 192.168.1.* for example 192.168.1.50-.
      Hope this helps.
      /j

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Santosh Sam Koshy"
      <santosh_koshy@...> wrote:

      > Dear Rob,
      >
      > Thanks for the reply. As you have suggested, I pushed the slug into
      > button reset. The power led toggles between red and green the
      moment I
      > do it.
      >
      > When I simply run upslug2 to search the slug, it replies saying that
      > no slugs are currently available on the network.
      >
      > I have a few queries related to this. Does the host PC have to be
      > maintained in a specific IP? If so, what.
      > How can I upgrade the slug, now that it seems to be totally dead.
      >
      > Kindly respond
      >
      > SAM
      >

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <rod@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Santosh Sam Koshy wrote:
      > > > Dear All,
      > > >
      > > > On web upgrade of my slug with a firmware that I downloaded
      from the
      > > > linksys site, the system crashed and thereafter, I have been
      unable to
      > > > detect it from the linksys software as well as from the web
      access.

      > > Yes, the Linksys web UI upgrade option is flakey - that's why we
      only
      > > recommend using the hardware reset button upgrade mode and
      upslug2.

      > > > I downloaded a telnet utility to probe into redboot just after
      it
      > > > boots. This utlity gives me a redboot prompt and allows me to
      throw
      > > > the slug into an upgrade mode.
      > >
      > > OK, you could possibly have saved the trouble by using the
      hardware
      > > reset button method.
      > >
      > > > To upgrade thereafter, I am using the upslug2 tool from my host
      PC.
      > > > The problem that I face is that the upslug program returns a bad
      > > > signature error. This has caused me incapable of upgrading the
      > > > firmware. The firmware ends with a .bin extension. and upslug
      uses a
      > > > .img extension.
      > >
      > > Upslug2 does not require any specific extension. You give it an
      8MB
      > > nslu2 firmware binary image file.
      > >
      > > -- Rod

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic