756Re: problem Installing packages with ipkg on HD

  • shoppergroups
    Feb 2, 2005
      Ok talking to myself on this one but I am again a step further but
      not there.... my /opt is not a symbolic link but a real dir.

      Does that matter? Can I just copy /opt to the HD data partition and
      then create a symbolic link?

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "shoppergroups" <spacev@g...>
      > Ok I found that:
      > Normally, the /opt where packages are normally installed, is
      > into the /conf partition of the harddisk. This /conf part is
      > small. One way to deal with the space problem is to copy the
      > of /opt to a subdir of the data partition, then change the symlink
      > there, and presto! you can use as much space of your HD for
      > as you like.
      > But how does that translate to shell commands. I am fairly new to
      > linux and I dont want to screw my box up. Thanks.
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "shoppergroups"
      <spacev@g...> wrote:

      > > Hi guys,
      > >
      > > I got my vsftp and dropbear runningand installed on the NSLU
      > > with no drive attached.
      > >
      > > No that everything works I hooked up my HD and I now want to
      > > appWeb, Java, iTunes server, qmail. My guess is that I cant fit
      > > that stuff on my NSLU internal flash disk so I would like to
      > > it on the HD.
      > >
      > > The problem, I dont know how!
      > >
      > > I read you can use -d <dir> but that did not work. Said
      something about
      > > destination does not exist. But the dir was there.
      > > I read that I should have an ipkg.conf in my /etc but there is
      no such
      > > file on my entire system. I also read that there is an ipkg-link
      > > to link the other install dirs but that isnt either on my NSLU2.
      > >
      > > What is going on? How do I do that? ipkg update works fine, I
      > > installed dropbear and vsftp with it.
      > >
      > > running 3.17
      > >
      > > Thanks.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic