7526Re: vlc

  • nllittle2003
    Aug 6, 2008
      Yes there is a regular ARM distribution for Debian

      Look here
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/HomePage
      http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html

      Since they fixed the installer it runs pretty good. Takes a while
      though. Expect to spend at least a couple of hours working on it.
      Remember that you can only run Debian on a NSLU2 from a hard drive.
      Its not like unslung. Its a full blown debian system.

      I only had to start over once. First time I installed the NSLU2 it red
      lighted on the install. Just be patient and walk away for a while and
      do something else. When my first install red lighted, I had to drop
      back to the original Linksys firmware and then install debian again.

      I was using the sercomm firmware update tool (windows OS) at the time
      but it is real easy using upslug (linux) as well.
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/UpSlug

      It was a lot easier then going the redboot method.
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/TelnetIntoRedBoot

      Its always a good thing to know how to use the redboot method...just
      in case murphy comes to visit

      Good luck and have fun.

      73,
      Neil, WA4AZL
      JARS Forever!!
      www.jars.net

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "MIKi" <miklos.wenczl@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for your answer. I will check the french site also.
      >
      > - Means your last sentence, that using VLC with Debian is also working
      > on a Slug?
      >
      > Thanks for your help in advance, I am a real beginner.
      > Mik

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic