7517Re: [nslu2-general] Re: NSLU2 IP 0,0,0,0

  • Michael Canavatchel
    Aug 3, 2008
      I did download the latest linksys firmware ver. 23 R63 although I
      realize that it
      may not work. I was contemplating installing the 4 pin serial header,
      and I already have a max233a serial kit from a WRT54g that is no longer
      working.

      Thanks for the advice, hopefully I'll get a chance to play with the slug
      this week.

      Mike C

      janne5011 wrote:

      > I think you can try reflash it with linkys FW, go to webinterface
      > choose restore defaults,then put in the IP, dns and so on as you
      > want.
      > after flash it again with unlsung and: follow the README=).
      >
      > No garanti that will work.
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>, Michael Canavatchel
      > <mcana77@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > (Running WinXP SP3 connected directly into the NSLU2 via ethernet)
      > >
      > > I am hoping that someone can help me figure out what happened to my
      > Slug!
      > >
      > > I had initially ran Sercomm and updated the NSLU firmware to
      > unslung
      > > 6.10 beta, of course I did NOT follow the directions explicitly, I
      > just
      > > wanted a simple file server that could be expanded at a later
      > date. I
      > > had an 80gig NTFS on USB2 and a 250gig EXT3 on USB1. I had
      > configured
      > > the slug for 192.168.1.121 fixed ip
      > >
      > > After several weeks I wanted to share our music across the share
      > using
      > > Firefly.
      > >
      > > Going back to the Unslung readme, I realized that I had
      > not "unslung"
      > > the firmware onto my external hd. So I disconnected the hard
      > drives,
      > > telneted into redboot, but when I did, I was not prompted for a
      > user
      > > name or password. I found that strange, but when I tried to connect
      > the
      > > EXT3 hard disk, I was immediately disconnected from my telnet
      > session. I
      > > telneted in several more times with the same result, connect the
      > drive,
      > > get disconnected. On my last telnet session I began to poke around
      > and
      > > everything I typed, except 'help' returned an error.
      > >
      > > I thought maybe I needed to follow the readme and start over (No, I
      > > didn't back up the original unslung flash.) so I re-flashed the
      > slug
      > > with Sercomm and Unslung 6.10 beta. I put the slug in upgrade mode
      > with
      > > the reset button and everything went perfectly, however when the
      > slug
      > > rebooted, I could no longer access it. I ran NetStat -an and I
      > could see
      > > the slug at IP 0,0,0,0 listening with the port numbers following
      > the ip
      > > address.
      > >
      > > I obviously can't telnet into the slug and the web interface no
      > longer
      > > works no matter what IP I enter. I can still get into upgrade mode
      > with
      > > the reset button but I have a feeling that re-flashing isn't going
      > to do
      > > anything unless I can specify a default IP address.

> [...]
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic