7515Re: NSLU2 IP 0,0,0,0

  • janne5011
    Aug 3, 2008
      I think you can try reflash it with linkys FW, go to webinterface
      choose restore defaults,then put in the IP, dns and so on as you
      after flash it again with unlsung and: follow the README=).

      No garanti that will work.
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Michael Canavatchel
      <mcana77@...> wrote:
      > (Running WinXP SP3 connected directly into the NSLU2 via ethernet)
      > I am hoping that someone can help me figure out what happened to my
      > I had initially ran Sercomm and updated the NSLU firmware to
      > 6.10 beta, of course I did NOT follow the directions explicitly, I
      > wanted a simple file server that could be expanded at a later
      date. I
      > had an 80gig NTFS on USB2 and a 250gig EXT3 on USB1. I had
      > the slug for fixed ip
      > After several weeks I wanted to share our music across the share
      > Firefly.
      > Going back to the Unslung readme, I realized that I had
      not "unslung"
      > the firmware onto my external hd. So I disconnected the hard
      > telneted into redboot, but when I did, I was not prompted for a
      > name or password. I found that strange, but when I tried to connect
      > EXT3 hard disk, I was immediately disconnected from my telnet
      session. I
      > telneted in several more times with the same result, connect the
      > get disconnected. On my last telnet session I began to poke around
      > everything I typed, except 'help' returned an error.
      > I thought maybe I needed to follow the readme and start over (No, I
      > didn't back up the original unslung flash.) so I re-flashed the
      > with Sercomm and Unslung 6.10 beta. I put the slug in upgrade mode
      > the reset button and everything went perfectly, however when the
      > rebooted, I could no longer access it. I ran NetStat -an and I
      could see
      > the slug at IP 0,0,0,0 listening with the port numbers following
      the ip
      > address.
      > I obviously can't telnet into the slug and the web interface no
      > works no matter what IP I enter. I can still get into upgrade mode
      > the reset button but I have a feeling that re-flashing isn't going
      to do
      > anything unless I can specify a default IP address.
      > I've waded through the nslu2-linux.org site, wiki, FAQ and dozens
      > pages on google but I can't find a solution. I do have hope because
      > can still access the slug through upgrade mode.
      > I know there is a genius or two in the group here, can someone help
      > Thanks!
      > Mike C
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic