7500Re: [nslu2-general] Re: SLugOS/BE as NFS client

  • Mike (mwester)
    Jul 20 1:23 PM
      beerman_wendel wrote:
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@...>
      > wrote:
      >> beerman_wendel wrote:
      >>> Well ... here comes the message again - I think it has all the
      >>> necessary details ...
      >>>
      >>> Rigas
      >>>

      >>> Hello,
      >>>
      >>> I installed SLUGOS/BE on SLUG2 and want to attach an nfs share from
      >>> SLUG1 (Openslug 3.10) to it.
      >>>
      >>> I exported the share in SLUG1 (added the following line to
      > etc\exports:)
      >>> /opt/mp3 192.168.xxx.xxx(ro,no_root_squash,sync)
      >>>
      >>> On SLUG2 im tried to mount that share with:
      >>>
      >>> mount SLUG1:/opt/mp3 /opt/music
      >>>
      >>> I received:
      >>>
      >>> mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'
      >>>
      >>> Does that mean, that SLUGOS/BE does not support NFS?
      >>> Or do I just have to install some packages?
      >> It means you need to install packages.
      >> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/InstallNFS
      >>
      >> Mike (mwester)
      >>

      > Thanks for the answer.
      >
      > I had worked through that howto and all the packages listed there have
      > been installed on the NFS-Server (Slug1, OpenSlug 3.1) and the
      > NFS-client (Slug2, SlugOSBE).
      >
      > The server part works fine; the question is , whether the client slug
      > with SlugOS/BE is at all able to mount a NFS share from an NFS server.
      >
      > On the client I get the message: "mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'"
      >
      > I installed the nfsd kernel module on the client. Do I have to
      > activate it somehow?

      You need to install the package named "kernel-module-nfs" to get the
      client side of things. Once you do that, it should know about the nfs
      filesystem. If that doesn't do it, there have been reports that a
      "depmod -a" command is required and/or a reboot to get the system to
      recognize the new kernel module.

      As I poke about, though, I notice that the rpcbind executable has gone
      AWOL -- so if your mount command appears to hang, <ctrl>-c out of it,
      and try it again with the "-o nolock" option, e.g.:

      mount -o nolock myserver:/bigfilesystem /mnt

      > Rigas

      Mike (mwester)
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic