7497Re: SLugOS/BE as NFS client

  • beerman_wendel
    Jul 20 1:52 AM
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > beerman_wendel wrote:
      > > Well ... here comes the message again - I think it has all the
      > > necessary details ...
      > >
      > > Rigas
      > >

      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I installed SLUGOS/BE on SLUG2 and want to attach an nfs share from
      > > SLUG1 (Openslug 3.10) to it.
      > >
      > > I exported the share in SLUG1 (added the following line to
      etc\exports:)

      > > /opt/mp3 192.168.xxx.xxx(ro,no_root_squash,sync)
      > >
      > > On SLUG2 im tried to mount that share with:
      > >
      > > mount SLUG1:/opt/mp3 /opt/music
      > >
      > > I received:
      > >
      > > mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'
      > >
      > > Does that mean, that SLUGOS/BE does not support NFS?
      > > Or do I just have to install some packages?
      >
      > It means you need to install packages.
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/InstallNFS
      >
      > Mike (mwester)

      Thanks for the answer.

      I had worked through that howto and all the packages listed there have
      been installed on the NFS-Server (Slug1, OpenSlug 3.1) and the
      NFS-client (Slug2, SlugOSBE).

      The server part works fine; the question is , whether the client slug
      with SlugOS/BE is at all able to mount a NFS share from an NFS server.

      On the client I get the message: "mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'"

      I installed the nfsd kernel module on the client. Do I have to
      activate it somehow?

      Rigas
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic