744"Define Backup Job" Problems

  • markbres
    Feb 1, 2005
      I am getting an error when I try to define and run a backup job from
      my PC to the NSLU2. I hope someone has some successful experience
      doing this sort of thing ;)

      For the This NSLU2 section I've defined Share as "Disk1" and Folder as

      For the Other Device section I've defined the name as either "foop4"
      or the IP address of the machine "" and the shared folder
      as "/Pictures"

      I've tried both leaving the Access Requires Login unchecked or
      checking it and supplying either my local admin ID and password or my
      NSLU2 ID and password.

      In all cases I get a log entry that the backup job has started but
      then an error stating: "01/31 23:31:02 Backup: Job 'Pictures' failed,
      cannot connect to file server '//foop4/Pictures'..

      How does the NSLU2 connect to my local machine? Is there something I
      need to enable on my XP box to make this work?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic