744"Define Backup Job" Problems

  • markbres
    Feb 1, 2005
      I am getting an error when I try to define and run a backup job from
      my PC to the NSLU2. I hope someone has some successful experience
      doing this sort of thing ;)

      For the This NSLU2 section I've defined Share as "Disk1" and Folder as
      "/Pictures".

      For the Other Device section I've defined the name as either "foop4"
      or the IP address of the machine "192.168.1.104" and the shared folder
      as "/Pictures"

      I've tried both leaving the Access Requires Login unchecked or
      checking it and supplying either my local admin ID and password or my
      NSLU2 ID and password.

      In all cases I get a log entry that the backup job has started but
      then an error stating: "01/31 23:31:02 Backup: Job 'Pictures' failed,
      cannot connect to file server '//foop4/Pictures'..

      How does the NSLU2 connect to my local machine? Is there something I
      need to enable on my XP box to make this work?

      Thanks,

      mlb
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic