7438Re: [nslu2-general] NSLU2 Major Problem

  • Eike Lang
    Jun 24, 2008
      Am 24.06.2008 um 20:54 schrieb Robert Hammond:

      [nslu2 faulty psu]
      > Yes indeed. Fault diagnosed as low voltage when the disk is plugged
      > in.

      > So I followed a hint from the Wiki which infers changing a large
      > capacitor in the power supply and the voltage now seems stable at
      > exactly 5 volts, with or without load (will monitor this, seems to be
      > still stable after 2 hours running).

      Ah, I didn't see that hint back then. I just went ahead and bought a
      generic
      PSU with the appropriate rating which set me back $15'ish.

      > And my NSLU2 seems to boot up correctly.
      >
      > But it is now broken in another way. I cannot see it over the
      > network.

      [...]

      I'm 99% sure the hardware is ok - until I found the source of my
      problem I
      was trying to run my slug for extended periods of time with no adverse
      effects (except not working before the psu was replaced).

      I'm not sure the config tool will just any slug or only those in
      upgrade mode.
      As a non-windows person I'd suggest putting the slug in upgrade mode and
      trying upslug2 in discover mode. After trying that you can power-cycle
      the
      slug and nothing will be changed. If that works my guess would be that
      the
      network config on the slug got borked.

      Before you try all this you should give the default IP of 192.168.1.77
      (IIRC)
      a spin (if you haven't done so already).

      --
      Eike Michael Lang
      mail@...