7409[nslu2-general] Cannot Access NSLU2

  • glav
    Jun 9, 2008
      Hi I am new to the group and in need of help. I have had my NSLU2/Maxtor One
      Touch connected to my network for two years. Worked fine!! Until two days
      ago. Now when I try to access the files on the Maxtor HDD, it freezes up
      the computer and nothing happens,the LAN lights and Network Drive lights
      flash back and forth. I have called LinkSys for help, but they tell me that
      the unit is bad and cannot be restored. I don't know what it is doing but
      the computer will not respond to any commands, it's like the CPU is too
      busy. The only way to stop it is to power down either the Computer, router,
      or NSLU2 unit. I am told to go and buy another new unit. With LinkSys
      dropping the product all I want to do is to get my data off of the drive.
      Now for a question for the group.
      Is there a way to copy the data off the drive HDD. I know it's not
      compatiable with Windows XP as you already know. But I don't know what to
      do or how to get my data off. Any help would be appreciated
      Thanks
      Gene