7394Re: Corrupt internal memory

  • janne5011
    May 22, 2008
      Hello, you need to shutdown the NSLU2 and unplug all USB cables and
      devices.keep NSLU2 connected to network ,or connected to the puter
      with uplsug. Then enter upgrade mode by pull down the reset button
      until the readylight on your slug start to blink.Pull down that
      button same time you press the startbutton.
      Then take your Unslung-6.10-beta.bin-file and with the upslug tool
      upload that file. after its done nslu2 reboots and your done.
      good luck/J

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "sd_vmax" <sd_vmax@...> wrote:

      > I corrupted my internal memory by unplugging prior to shutting
      down.
      > I am trying to reflash my slug. Prior to being corrupted, it was
      > running this file as firmware:
      >
      > Unslung-6.10-beta.bin
      >
      > I have a Windows PC, so I got a Lunix bootable CD. The PC boots to
      > Lunix fine. I successfully put my slug in upgrade mode. I plugged
      my
      > slug's ethernet connection directly into my PC's ethernet
      connection.
      > There are to other devices connected to the slug.
      >
      > I don't know how to proceed from here.
      >
      > I read all of the instructions here:
      >
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/UpSlug2
      >

      > After booting to Lunix, what is the next step?
      > How do you connect to the slug?
      > How do I "run as root"? When I attempted to open a terminal window
      as
      > root, it asked for a password. What is the password? Is this the
      > right window?
      > I typed "upslug2" in a regular terminal window. It said, "Command
      not
      > found".
      >
      > Any help?
      >
      > Thanks,