7329Re: Newby question - NTFS partition not recognized

  • Sean
    Apr 25, 2008
      I appologize to everyone, it turns out that the Master Boot Record had
      become corrupted. It was definitely an NTFS drive, but when I tried to
      hook it up to a windows machine it was labelled as a linux/EXT3 volume
      and could not be read, interestingly the unslung saw it as a NTFS drive
      but couldn't read it. I was able to repair the MBR and all is well.

      Anyone else ever have this happen - did the NSLU2 try to reformat the
      drive or change the file system to EXT3. I definitely did not try to
      format it with the NSLU2.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic