7323Re: Unable to connect to my SLUG

  • bingoonline
    Apr 24, 2008
      Steve,

      It maybe worth trying to ping 192.168.1.77 just in case it has
      returned to default for some reason.

      Is there a way on your switch or router to see the IP to MAC
      bindings? Could be called CAM table, ARP table, MAC table.......

      I used to have a windows utility which would ping a range of
      addresses, I think it was either wping or rping but i couldnt find it
      with a quick google. I did come across something called winping but
      have never used it so dont know anything about it.

      Better get back to fixing my slug........

      Good Luck

      Ollie

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > Steve Phariss wrote:
      > > I am unable to connect into my SLUG. I was on unslung 5.5 untill
      I put it
      > > in storage, just recently I pulled it out again and wanted to
      upgrade it to
      > > 6.10 I no longer have the original disks I had hooked up to it.
      > >
      > > I hooked up a network to it (Linux eth0 192.168.1.25) and was
      unable to
      > > bring up a web page or even ping it. as the frustration mounted
      <G> I
      > > tried upslug2 on it and I was able to flash the 6.10 firmware. I
      again
      > > tried to connect to the slug but was not able too. I thought
      that it might
      > > be something with the load, so I flashed the original linksys
      firmware.
      > > still no joy on connecting to the slug.
      > >
      > > So I guess I have a couple questions:
      > > 1) Might I have damaged the slug by the firmware updates (upslug2
      reported a
      > > successful flash each time)
      >
      > No.
      >
      > > 2) maybe I am doing something wrong with my network settings.
      >
      > Probably.
      >
      > > 3) since the last flash upgrade was to Linksys 2.3R29 (after
      having been 5.5
      > > and 6.10), is it REALLY at Linksys 2.3R29 level?
      >
      > Yes.
      >
      > > If anyone has any Ideas they would be appreciated.
      >
      > The network settings are preserved between flashes, so the unit is
      > booting up with whatever the old settings were when you put it away
      so
      > long ago.
      >
      > In order to reset it, flash the Linksys firmware, boot it up with
      no
      > disks (wait for the beep to announce that it's booted), then follow
      the
      > standard Linksys procedure to reset to the default settings (hold
      the
      > reset button in for 20 or 30 seconds until it beeps).
      >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Steve P
      >
      > Mike (mwester)

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic