7231Re: NSLU beginner - programmer with big problems :-(

  • jeppepeder
    Mar 16, 2008
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jeppepeder" <jeppepeder@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jeppepeder"
      <jeppepeder@>

      > > <jeppepeder@>

      > > > <mwester@>

      > have
      > > lost
      > > > found

      > > get
      > status
      > > > is,
      > > try

      > on
      > > > the
      > > linux.org/wiki/Main/SercommFirmwareUpdater
      > > for
      > > the
      > > > Unslung
      > > get
      > > the

      > > > have
      PC
      > > and
      > > already

      > > following

      > > text:

      > adresses:

      > > laptop.
      > worked

      > > xp
      > > > symptoms

      > working
      > > > with

      > input
      > > is

      > > > One thing come to mind if you changed the IP on your slug
      before,
      > > it
      > > > can be useful to add several IP:s in XP:
      > > > your connection->properties that connection-->tcp/ip-->advanced.
      > > > Add more IP:s under advanced tab.
      > > > 192.168.0.20,192.168.1.20,192.168.2.20 for example thoose.
      > > > I dont know if this is useful but I see for example you wrote
      > this:
      > > > "When ping'ing 192.168.2.255" its make me wonder.
      > > >
      > > > I just want to inform that we got a irc-channel to
      > > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/IRC
      > > > Maybe, you can have tips there to, and get faster help.
      > > > /J
      > > >
      > > Hi Jane !
      > >
      > > Thanks for your input I realy presiate that.
      > > I tested several IP-addresses without positive result.
      > >
      > > When EEProm is reset the Ready indicator lights red. But when
      > > flashing the Ready indicator returs to flashing Red/Green.
      > >
      > > The question is weather anyone in here use Windows XP as OS for
      > > firmware upload ?
      > >
      > > AND
      > >
      > > Does anyone in here live in Denmark and have the time to try
      > > uploadine firmware to my NSLU ?
      >
      > question #1: yes it works with secoom tool and win XP.
      >
      > for removing one more possible problem: disable XP firewall and all
      > other firewalls if you have any and try again.

      Hi !

      Yeeeesssss, I have uploaded my first firmware. Thanks to all of you
      for the inputs. Special thanks to Janne5011 regarding the use of
      several IP's.

      After using the IP's
      192.168.0.150
      192.168.1.150 and
      192.168.2.150
      and I turned the following software off:
      SuperAntiSpyware 4.0.1154
      Sygate Personal Firewall
      SpywareGuard
      Windows Firewall

      (My NSLY have the IP 192.168.2.22)

      it was possible to upload the firmware. At Earlier atemp I also
      turned my security software off. Because of this, I belive that it
      was the extra IP's that did the job.

      Thanks again to all of you.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic