7220Re: NSLU beginner - programmer with big problems :-(

  • wallace4793
    Mar 12 4:24 AM
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jeppepeder" <jeppepeder@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > jeppepeder wrote:
      > > > Hello !
      > > > I hope that someone PLEASE could help me, because I have spend
      > more
      > > > than 40 hours on trying upgrading my NSLU. Now I have lost
      > contact
      > > > with the NSLU and cant use it.
      > > > I have read a lot of webpages and used google, but not found a
      > > > solution.
      > > >
      > > > I have tryed to update the NSLU in two wayes but can't get
      > further
      > > > on. In the following text I will explain what the status is,
      and
      > the
      > > > status is called STATUS A and STATUS B. In both cases I try to
      > upload
      > > > the firmware "Unslug 6.10Beta firmware" forund here:
      > > >
      > > > STATUS A:
      > > > ----------
      > > > I have downloaded the upgrade-program UgUtil described on the
      > page
      > > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/SercommFirmwareUpdater
      where
      > > > found the link http://www.everbesthk.com/8-
      > > > download/sercomm/firmware/NU54/Upgrade_207_XP.zip.
      > > > First I bring the NSLU into the UpgradeMode readu for firmware
      > > > upgrade.
      > > > When I run the program Ugutil it find the NSLU and ask for the
      > file
      > > > to upload. I select the first Unslug file mentioned on the page
      > > > http://www.slug-firmware.net/ with the text "Download Unslung
      > > > binaries". The program get through the "Erase EProm" an get
      > further
      > > > to the "upload frimware", but it stay at 0% upload and the
      UgUtil
      > > > program send me an error message...
      > >
      > > Can you share that error message with us? That might be helpful.
      > >
      > > Lacking any other information, it seems as though you may have a
      > network
      > > problem of sorts. Can you also describe how your host PC and the
      > NSLU2
      > > are connected to the network, and what you have tried already (in
      > terms
      > > of changing cables, etc.)?
      > >
      > > Mike (mwester)
      > >

      > Upgrade Utility show NSLU2 device on netvork with the following
      > information:
      > Device Name: 001A70A1AF4
      > Current Version: FFFF
      > Upgrade version: 2363
      > Device List: 001A70A1AF47
      >
      > First Upgradewindow show "Erasing EProm". Next it
      show "Upgrading ...
      > 0%" After a while it show a new window with the following text:
      >
      > Upgrade process fail, please check
      > 1. Print server power connection or
      > 2. Ethernet cable
      > Upgrade not completed, please retry
      >
      > Upgrading is still at 0% when the program stop.
      >
      > I have tried to ping the NSLU2, at the following ip-adresses:
      > 192.168.1.77
      > 192.168.1.100
      > no response. When ping'ing 192.168.2.255 I get the
      > message "Hardwareerror".
      >
      > The NSLU are connected directly by Ethernet cable to my laptop.
      > Everythin is 10 days old. When I recieved the NSLU2 it worked fine
      by
      > Ethernet cable to my laptop and over my wireless router.
      >
      > I dont know what more to tell ?

      Hi

      Please note if you are using vista run the sercomm utility in xp sp2
      compatibiltiy mode or the flash will crash. I had the same symptoms
      till i did this.

      John

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic